San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour
Seeking Cabling Specialists. Must have prior experience with infrastructure cabling! Please, do not apply if you have zero experience with cabling. We cannot provide basic training for this position.
For the right person, Light Speed Systems is offering a position to accelerate your career in our IT infrastructure business. We are a managed services firm supporting several small to mid-sized businesses in the Bay Area that all have unique infrastructure cabling requirements.
If you apply yourself, you will learn more here in 1 to 2 years than you would at a big company.
In this position, you will learn and strengthen your knowledge of low voltage cabling, Cat6-7, Fiber optics, termination, testing, labeling and documentation. You’ll work with IT professionals to certify wired and wireless networks, troubleshoot Layers 1-3, and compose architectural schematics. We have a specific focus on enterprise-grade infrastructure standards and processes.
In addition to the technical side, you’ll get the satisfaction of helping clients solve complex infrastructure issues that help them maximize their technology investments.
You must have good problem solving skills and critical thinking skills. You’ll need to asses, understand, evaluate, research, diagnose, cross reference, wiki-search, or escalate to help get problems solved. You’ll also have the benefit of working with and learning from senior staff and outside consultants.
- You need the ability to fix or replace any type of low voltage wiring like Ethernet, Coax, Fiber
- You need the ability to test any host device or end point attached to the cable(s) to verify functionality or identify the problem with a solution.
- g., Modem, Router, Switch, Camera, Wi-Fi Access Point, Phone.
- You need to learn great customer service skills in voice, email, txt, Slack, or other
- The ability to help identify blocking issues to drive projects forward
- Monitoring key information from customers and extracting any/all requirements
- Perform light equipment administration duties like password resets, ticket creation, scheduling or calendar events for future promises of action, getting the message to the right person
- Use infrastructure tools, software, and best practices to achieve a highly reliable design.
- Schedule planned maintenance windows to fix any infrastructure issues during or after normal business hours
- One to five years of experience working in a infrastructure cabling capacity, specifically low voltage.
- Experience and understanding of Microsoft Operating System products and Office products
- Extra credit: any vendor certifications related to cabling, tools, testers, or licenses
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation depending on experience
Light Speed Systems is an equal opportunity employer. Employees are recruited, selected, trained, compensated and promoted without regard to race, religion, creed, color, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, national origin, citizenship, or disability not impairing the ability to perform the essential functions. Applicants must be currently eligible to work in the United States.