San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour
Seeking a Jr Operations Specialist. This is a training position and we’ll train.
For the right person, Light Speed Systems is offering a training position to start your career in the IT management business. We are a managed services firm supporting several small to mid-sized businesses in the San Francisco Bay Area.
If you apply yourself, you will learn more here in 1 to 2 years than you would at any big company.
In this position, you will learn and strengthen your knowledge of Bookkeeping, Accounting, Operations, and Human Resources. You’ll work with the stakeholders, technical staff, vendors, suppliers, and use cloud technologies to keep everything organized.
In addition to the operational side, you’ll get the satisfaction of helping staff and clients solve issues that help them be more effective in their work.
You must have good problem solving skills and critical thinking skills. You’ll need to asses, understand, evaluate, research, diagnose, cross reference, wiki-search, or escalate to help get problems solved. You’ll also have the benefit of working with and learning from senior staff and outside consultants.
- You need to learn great customer service skills in voice, email, txt, Slack, or other
- The ability to engage all internal and external resources in a professional manner
- Monitoring key information in front of you using dashboard and reports
- Perform light user administration duties like password resets, ticket creation, scheduling or calendar events for future promises of action, getting the message to the right person
- Work in QuickBooks to do basic book keeping and accounting needed to cleanly hand of to our outsourced CPA
- Use reports to validate financial information, reimbursements, vendor charges
- Prepare invoices for monthly recurring services and one-time projects.
- Closely Monitor AR and AP metrics. Flag potential problems. Escalate critical issues.
- Review queue of purchases, receipts, invoices, statements that needed to be paid and reconciled by LSS or one of our customers.
- Sometimes helping customers generates new technical requests or sometimes even new sales request you’ll be responsible for cleanly handing off to the next best person
- Analyze monthly credit card spending, collect receipts, verify internal or external cost categories and any appropriate client invoice adjustments
- Create or update excel builds of materials (BOMs) that capture equipment and costs
- Understand the people and the financial obstruction preventing your customer from succeeding and remedy or escalate to the next best person
- Update billing information for hundreds of cloud platforms that have expiring payment info or new payment info.
- Mitigate any possible system outage caused by bad or outdated financial information
- Re-prioritize tasks, practice clean-handoff, and assist your team by making sure information is clear and accurate. Look carefully and listen closely.
- Making and sending key communications to customers to provide executive summaries and working to simplify explanations around billing or invoicing
- Verify contact information for all human capital, people, vendors and their data
- Assist with new client and new employee on-boarding processes.
- Coordinating events with technical and non-technical people
- Zero to five years of experience working in an operations or administrative role or similar prior job position. We can train the right person!
- Experience and understanding of Mac and Microsoft Operating System products including the complete Microsoft Office suite of products
- Extra credit: any vendor certifications from QuickBooks, Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA, or other
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation depends on experience
- We offer health benefits and 401k with matching
Light Speed Systems is an equal opportunity employer. Employees are recruited, selected, trained, compensated and promoted without regard to race, religion, creed, color, gender, age, marital status, veteran status, national origin, citizenship, or disability not impairing the ability to perform the essential functions. Applicants must be currently eligible to work in the United States.